Blog

Above ground Liner description – Updated

OVERLAP POOL LINERS: On this type of pool, the pool liner goes up and over the top lip of the pool wall. It then comes down over the edge on the outside of the pool. This type of pool liner is normally secured with some sort of clamping method that holds it in place. Any adjustment that may be needed on the wall height of the pool liner is made by removing the clamp(s) and either letting in or pulling out more of the liner.

overlap

BEADED POOL LINERS: These types of swimming pool liners differ from others by the method of installation. Beaded Pool liners simply go up the pool wall then snap into a track using the bead that runs along the liners entire edge. This track the liner snaps into is referred to as the bead receiver, and runs continuously along the top of the pool wall. Beaded pool liners usually have a decorative top border. Beaded liners are usually easier to install because most of the time you do not have to take off the top rail of the pool in order to change the liner. This type of liner works very well in situations where a large deck is built around the pool, or if the pool is sunk into the earth. Converting an existing swimming pool with an overlap liner, to a pool with a beaded liner, is easily accomplished by installing the bead receiver onto the wall and installing the right height liner. Beaded pool liners come in 3 sizes, 48″, 52″, or 54″ wall heights. If there is any height adjustment that needs to be made, this needs to be done by removing or building up the height of the “cove” located at the base of the pool wall within the pool. Cove is available in “wedge” shaped Styrofoam or sand can be used by compacting it into the corner where the wall meets the floor.

Beaded liner diagram

UNIBEAD J-HOOK POOL LINERS: Uni-bead or J-Hook pool liners have a upside down J, and just hooks on the top side of the pool wall. J-Hook pool liners can also be cut to be used as a beaded receiver

jhook_unibeaded

EXPANDABLE OVERLAP POOL LINERS: The expandable pool liner is an overlap liner that has walls that are taller than normal to accommodate for the extra vinyl needed for a deep end or deep middle swimming area. This type of pool liner will allow up to an extra 2 feet of water depth. This is most common on round above ground swimming pools. Expandable liners can only be installed in oval pools that have no buttress straps that run across the middle. Pools with straps cannot be dug out in the middle. Unless you are a professional pool installer, expect wrinkles or folds in the pool liner after installation.

overlap

This entry was posted in Above Ground Pool, liners, Pool. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Above ground Liner description – Updated

1. Robin says:

I have a question can you help me determine what pool liner I need. I have a Doughboy 560-1015, it is about 6 years and need to replace the liner. I’m unsure if I can buy other than doughboy. But your prices are great and would really like to save some money. Please help.

Robin

• pcpools says:

We replace doughboy pool liners all the time,
      If you answer these question I might be able to help you out better
      Are you replacing an overlap or beaded liner?
      What is the wall height on your pool?
      What is the size of your pool?
      Does your pool have a flat bottom or is it dished out?

Our standard gauge liners carry a 15 year pro rated warranty and our heavy gauge liners carry a 25 year pro rated warranty.

Thanks for your question,
      Sarra
      Give us a call
      1-877-727-6657

2. Laura Van Winkle says:

I am trying to replace the line on my esther Williams pool.
    It is about 15-20 years old and this is my first liner change. I thought it was a 24′ x 52′, beaded liner, however when the installers came, they said the pool was 22’6″ x 48″. Now I need to try and find a liner this size, do you carry custom liners? If so how long, how much, what patterns.
    Thanks for your help, obviously I need it.

3. Larry Shaffer says:

I have a 16×32 Kayak pool what kind of liner do I need?
    Thanks,
    Larry

4. Bob says:

Do your liners fit Johnny Weissmuller pools? We need a 24′ (23’8”), 48″ round, J-hook replacement. Probably the heavier guage/ml. Thanks.

5. Ryan says:

To Whom it May Concern,

I am in urgent need of a custom pool liner which I am quickly finding is very hard to come by. I am reaching out to liner retailers as well as distributors for any help in locating the right pool liner.

Listed below are the pool measurements and details.

Type – Above ground – round
    Diameter – 22.5 feet (yes 22.5 feet)
    Bead – Ester Williams bead
    Age – approx 15 years old
    Height – 48 inches

I have tried reaching out to several different retailers and installers already and so far everyone has said that they do not make or carry a liner that matches these specs.

Once again any help locating a pool liner is greatly appreciated as I’d like to enjoy at least a few days in a nice cold pool this summer.

Thanks,
    Ryan

• We can have that liner custom made for you, the cost for that size is $404.99 + $8.95 handling fee.
      Standard gauge – Pacific Diamond or Caribbean pattern. We do have other patterns available, there may be a cost difference.

Give us a call if you would like to order or if you have more questions. 877-727-6657
      Thanks
      pcpools.com

6. Ernestine Murphy says:

We have a liner to be replaced. Can you replace a 15″x30″ lap over with a beaded liner? If so, how much would it cost to change over.

7. Debra Jarskey says:

We were given a 27 ft. buster crabbe above ground pool. It’s about 12 yrs old. It is a beaded liner. Can we use any liner or does it need a special liner? We were hoping to turn it into an overlap pool if that is possible.

• Pcpools says:

You most likely can change to an overlap liner, if you are able to take off the bead receiver on the wall of the pool. If it is attached or part of the wall, then it probably not possible. If you stick with the beaded liners, make sure you get the correct wall height. Our overlap liners are meant for pools up to 52″ wall height.

8. Scott Hamilton says:

I am buying used 21 foot X 52″ Lomart Royal Legacy 800 series pool. Since it has to be disassembled, will I have to replace the liner?
    Can you please quote me a new liner so i have the information?

• Pcpools says:

You will have to replace the liner. Liners shrink after a pool has been emptied, and wouldn’t be able fit properly if you were to try to put it back in. We have several different liner types and patterns you can get a price on them here . You will need to know if it is an overlap, beaded or uni-bead liner.